Skip to main content

Factsheets

The net asset value (NAV) per share at 30 April was 1,837 pence. This was after payment of a dividend of 16.5 pence for share. The year to date NAV total return was +0.7% and the share price total return was 2.3%. Over the same period, the Company’s two indices; RPI plus 3% and MSCI All Country World Index (50% Sterling) were up +2.1% and down -0.9% respectively. The share price closed at 1,990 pence per share.  

Performance YTD 1 year 3 years 5 years 10 years
NAV per share total return  0.7%  6.5% 24.5% 53.5%  96.7%
Share price total return  2.3%  9.1% 32.9% 76.2%  96.5%
RPI plus 3.0% per annum  2.1%  6.4% 18.2% 29.5%  74.3%
MSCI All Country World Index (50% £)  -0.9%  9.6% 31.1% 67.7% 109.1%

 

Key Details as at 30 April 2018
Net assets £2,852m
NAV per share (Diluted) 1,837p
Share price 1,990p
Premium 8.3%
Ongoing Charges Figure* 0.66%
Gearing 10.4%
Shares in issue 155,351,431
Financial year end 31 December 2018
Next dividend payment date 30 April 2018
Dividend to be paid 16.5p per share

* As at 31 December 2017.  RIT's own OCF, excluding costs incurred in externally managed funds.

 

Currency Exposure ** (% of NAV)
Sterling 47%
US Dollar 34%
Chinese Renminbi 4%
Euro 3%
Japanese Yen 3%
Swiss Franc 2%
Other 7%

** Excluding currency options



All sources J. Rothschild Capital Management Limited unless otherwise stated. The price of shares and the income from them may go down as well as up. Past performance is no indication of future performance. Under no circumstances should this information be considered as an offer, or solicitation, to deal in investments.